Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pom-Pom Hanging Mobile

I am in love with my current project...

It's still a work in progress, but i love how it's coming together!
 Last night I started working on this mobile, hanging thing. I stayed up into the wee-hours of the night making the pom-poms for it.  I didn't know where I was quite going with it...  but, sometimes those kind of projects turn out the best!
For those who don't know how to make pom-poms, check out these links....  [there are a bazillion tutorials out there, I'm not going to take the time to write one up.]


I started by making a "hanger" out of ribbon. I cut [approx.] a 18" piece of ribbon, folded it in half, and hot-glued the ends to a pom-pom.


I took a chinese lantern and hand-stitched it to the bottom of the pom-pom, to hang.
One by one, I added the rest of the pieces, guesstimating & 'following' my eye.


I'm having too much fun rearranging and playing! 
**This is the perfect project for a nursery!


Until next time,






5 comments:

  1. i am IN LOVE!!!! my eye is catching anything with "pom" as i'm preparing for my children's bday party in a few weeks. will be checking out the tutorials when it gets quiet around here!! thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! These look amazing! You have a great blog! I am visiting from the Boost My Blog Friday! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back! thanks so much!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these puffs a while back and just loved how they looked and so easy! Your version is much better though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this! I have seen these as a banner, but I like your mobile idea! Thanks for sharing this at Fantastic Friday. I hope you will join us again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete