Friday, July 22, 2011

Lavender. the herb

.
My lavender patches have done exceptionally well this summer. I love having an abundance of it,  it's fun to play with and share.  




Here are a few of my favorite uses....... 




Place-setting decor. and favors.


Adding it into bouquets.



Lavender-Lemonade

1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh or dried lavender {I prefer fresh.}
2 cups boiling water
3/4 cup white sugar
8 lemons
5 cups cold water, or as needed

After stripping lavender buds from stem, place the lavender into a pitcher, and pour boiling water over it.
Allow to steep for about 10 minutes. Strain out the lavender and discard, if you prefer.
 Mix the sugar into the hot lavender water, add plenty of ice. 
Squeeze the lemons into the pitcher, using all the juice. Top off the pitcher with cold water, and stir.

*You can also use a lemonade mix with this recipe, instead of fresh squeezed lemons



I hope ya'll have a relaxing weekend! Keep cool!







 

10 comments:

  1. I love lavender...your pictures are awesome...I think I can smell the lavender...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can comment! This looks so refreshing! I will have to try it soon. Keep up the great posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have just created a blog post about one of my favorite things “Lavender”. Love it. Thanks for sharing.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog.....now following....

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister is getting married in October and she's using a lot of lavender...this would be perfect for the reception as an alternative to beer or wine! I'd love for you to link up at my Tuesday Tutorials link party! I'll be hosting one every Tuesday, the link is open now :) Hope to see you there!

    http://www.thekurtzcorner.com/2011/08/tuesday-tutorials-link-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a refreshing idea! And its so pretty too! Thanks for linking up to Craft and Tell!

    Ashley
    www.cherishedbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not much for lemonade but I do love lavender. I may just have to try this. If you get a chance I would love you to link your recipe up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yumm! I'll be featuring this on tomorrow's thrifty thursday link party. Thanks so much for linking up this great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete