Monday, August 8, 2011

diy Doily Bowls

.
Are you a doily lover?   I use them, my Mama does, and Grandma did.  I love that they're timeless and classic.   I have a collection of them and enjoy exploring the possibilities.   Here is my new favorite......




Supplies:
A crocheted doily
 Stiffy-fabric Stiffner
A Plastic bowl/container



Squirt enough Stiffy in the bottom of a large bowl, to cover the bottom surface.
Dip doilies in, thoroughly soaking them.  When completely "wet," ring out to rid of excess.


Evenly drap over a top-down bowl, I recommend a plastic container.
I tried a glass bowl and a plastic container. It was 100% easier to remove doily
from plastic container when dried.  

Let sit for 24 hours, until completely dry and hard.
Carefully remove from container by gently pulling the doily off.


The above pic. shows just how well  'Stiffy' works.
I grabbed a handful of spoons, threw them in the bowl, and it barely flexed.
Serious. 



Happy Crafting!










11 comments:

  1. that's such a neat idea! may have to give it a try...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! I will have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never used fabric stiffener before. I didn't realize it was strong enough for that! Thanks for linking this up. I love the bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across some doilies I've had for a while, I just might give this a try. They're so cute!!!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by my site and leaving a kind comment! For some reason your comment never made it to my email account! So here I am visiting and following you back. The Doily Bowls are adorable! I need to get my hands on some of the fabric stiffener.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!

    I just shared your project on my FB page...

    Thank you for visiting my party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is seriously clever and darling!!! Wish I had made these for my daughter's tea party last week but maybe I can convince her to have another one next year so I can do this. LOL! Thank you so much for sharing this fabulously creative idea with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, friend! You've got so much creativity and I'm admiring them all. Can you please share your creative posts at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this sharing this at last Monday's "What In The Gunny Sack?" link party! Welcome back to this week's party!

    ReplyDelete