Preparing for baby's arrival, I've been listing the items we need to get yet. Of course, when it's your first, there are all the essentials; furniture, clothes, baby monitor, safety-grooming kit, burp clothes, stroller, car-seat, toiletry items, and the list goes on. Thankfully, I can reuse most of those items from little man, and the "need" list is minimal this go-around. I'm sticking to diapers, new burp clothes & blankets, and some toiletries.
If you're an expecting first-timer, here are some of my Mama-musts that I'm sold on, and use regularly with keeping little ones.
1. Little Remedies Whether baby has a fever, cold, or teething pain, Little Remedies has a remedy! I first used there saline spray, and was shocked how quickly it worked. I've been using there products ever since!
2. Infantino Baby-Carriers and Moby Wraps are my personal favorites. No matter what brand or style you choose, I highly recommend having some kind of tummy-pack. It's a great way to keep baby close, yet have free hands to work around the house, hang laundry, or use while you're out and about.
3. Boppy Pillow Having had a c-section, I was so thankful for my boppy. The c-shape fit perfectly around my stomach for little man to nurse comfortably, and kept his weight off my incision. Now, I use it to set the babies up when playing on the floor. [much easier than using pillows]
4. Bumpkins Shirt Bib. This bib is genius... it gives full coverage, and there's no more food-stains!
5. Bright Starts Bouncer Seat. Any kind of compact, portable swing or chair comes in hand when needing to occupy baby for a period of time. Besides using my bouncer seat inside, I took it outdoors while working in the garden, and at the swimming pool, to name a few.
6. Aquaphor 2-in-1. Little man has always had sensitive skin and eczema. I originally started out using Johnson & Johnson products, but quickly learned how hard they are on sensitive skin. I was relieved to learn about Aquaphor from my Dr. and have no complaints.
7. Dreft Liquid Detergent. Dreft has been the #1 choice of pediatricians for years. As recommended, Dreft baby detergent should be a must up to [at least] 6 months! It does not contain the harsh chemicals, that most other detergents have, which may be irritating to baby's tender skin. For me, Aquaphor and Dreft worked hand-in-hand together.
8. Little Tummys Gas Drops. Ohh, they were a life saver! I was glad to have these gas drops on hand for little man's evening gasiness and tummy aches. It has become one of my regular baby-gift items!
9. Trend Lab Nursing Cover. Let's face it, blankets just don't do as good of a job. If you're going to breastfeed [especially in public] do everyone the favor and purchase, or make a nursing cover. I'm loving all the fun colors and prints that are now available.
10. Baby Delight Nest. Though a pretty penny, the 'nest' was perfect for co-sleeping those first weeks. Once we transitioned little man to the crib [in the nursery] I used it in the crib as a 'positioner'. When traveling, It came in hand, and was convenient instead of packing a bulky pack-n-play.
11. Bumbo Seats are a wonder when baby is just learning to sit up. The bumbo forces them to sit up and strengthens there neck and back. Seriously. I put little man in his as young as 3 months. It was also helpful when spoon feeding him.
Each to their own, but hopefully this list is somewhat helpful!
Happy planning and Mothering!